Another dream FJ40 for sale on Ebay!
1973 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Hard Top with factory PTO winch. This vehicle is a museum-quality, rotisserie, frame-off, hand built, nut and bolt restoration. It is exact to original manufactures specifications and appears just as it did when it rolled off the ARACO Toyota production line back in 1973. You will not find a more original or meticulously restored FJ40. There are well in excess of a thousand hours in this build, and probably just as many in research and parts acquisition in order to maintain integrity. As much as the photos show, this vehicle is even more impressive in person.
This restoration is unique in that it began with what’s known as a “survivor” – an incredibly complete and unmolested specimen. All components are original to the vehicle and meticulously refurbished. The entire vehicle was disassembled and cataloged. All hardware and adornments were retained, cleaned, yellow zinc plated or re-chromed as per factory specification.
For new parts, every effort was made to use NOS OEM Toyota parts and rebuild kits sourced from the local Toyota dealership or from other reputable Land Cruiser Specialists. Aftermarket parts were only used when absolutely necessary and only because the originals were no longer available. No expense was spared and the attention to detail of this restoration is second to none. Every decal, nut, and bolt is correct in its application.
* Frame and respective components were media blasted and powder coated
* All body pieces were coated with a self-etching primer and single-stage acrylic enamel paint
* The color is the elusive “Heath Grey”, Toyota paint code T-113, and was available on FJ40s in the 1973 model year
* The floor and underside of the tub were sprayed with a color matched, tinted raptor liner for sound dampening and durability
* Electrical wiring harnesses were circuit-tested and re-wrapped
* The fiberglass top was sanded down, re-coated with epoxy resin, repainted with Toyota’s “Cignus White”, and given a new headliner and visors.
* New, custom-sewn vinyl seat covers identical to the original in color and appearance
* New OEM shifter boots
* All glass is original and displays the Toyota trademark in the corners
* Seat frames, front and rear heaters, doors, console, steering wheel, dash, AM radio, knobs, pedals (including arms and bucket), wiper mechanism and seat belts are original and re-finished
* Extremely rare original tool bag complete with stamped Toyota tools
* Iconic yellow bottle jack and rods
* Factory trouble light in its original plastic case
* Genuine owners manual.
Even the ignition key is brand new OEM Toyota and comes inside a factory key wallet where it shares space with the new front and rear door keys. As a finishing touch, no true period restoration would be complete without a matching set of license plates of the very same vintage. It even smells like a new car inside! No respectable collection is complete without an FJ40 in the stable, here’s your chance. Please visit the following link to be directed to an online photo album containing supplemental images, which chronicle each stage of my process in detail. The album is organized such that there are before and after comparative pictures, followed by a complete chronicle of the restoration, and wrapped up with additional images of the finished Cruiser.